Wednesday, September 12, 2018

     Summer is winding down, so my canning is as well. I got lots of pickles this year so I got to make 3 batches of dill pickles. I'm hoping the few little pickles I have develop into big cucumbers and I can make one more.
     
     Made two types of pepper jelly and canned some of my parent's jalapenos. My parents ended up with some purple bell peppers from their garden so I paired that with an orange and yellow bell pepper and their jalapenos to make a fall pepper jelly as well as a red and green pepper jelly. 
     Also did some apple picking on labor day weekend. Picked around 28 pounds of gala apples and turned it into 9 quarts of applesauce. The orchard has chickens, a turkey, goats, cows, and pigs. They have a bakery and a playground. It's always such a fun day.
 
     Going to (probably) swing one more apple picking trip. I'll only be picking around 7-8 pounds this time and make apple butter. Love fall!
     Well I guess that is all for now, until next time!












No comments:

Post a Comment