Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Excited for next spring

     The hubby has decided on a design for our garden and we've picked out a tumbling composter. We're going to grow all the veggies we eat on a regular basis and some fruits too. I'm going to canning and freezing stuff that we grow but can't eat right away. That we can have home grown food as much of the year as possible.
     I'm still deciding on a final design for our coop, but I've got a basic idea. I'm working on getting things I'll need for the chickens like the feeder, the waterer, and the dust baths. Trying to decide on the best way to keep out pests. We have a groundhog living in our backyard, so I doubt we have many big predators. I'm most worried about snakes, mostly because of my fear of them.
     Hubby thinks we won't end of going through with all of this, but I keep telling him we will. I'm going to have 4 hours a day Monday-Thursday. I can easily get little brother on the bus, check the garden and the chickens, head off to the gym, come back and start dinner, then doing whatever else needs done before I have to get both kids off the bus at 4 and 430. Doing this will be my way of contributing to the house and keep me busy and active. During summer the kiddos can help me with the gardening and collecting eggs.
     I can't wait until we gather supplies and start building so I can out some pictures on here. I'll put pictures up of meals I cook with the food too.
     If anybody out there is reading this and has any tips, suggestions, or cautions feel free to share in the comment section!!

No comments:

Post a Comment