Monday, May 30, 2016

Strawberry Picking

 We went to a pick your own place this past weekend for strawberries because 
the weather was beautiful and the hubby had the day off. My older sister and my nieces
went with us. I haven't picked strawberries in at least 20 years.
This time I didn't trip and send my berries flying every which way, so
it was definitely an improvement. 
The kiddos definitely had a great time, even if the youngest wouldn't eat any of the 
strawberries. They didn't even mind the mud in the field from it
raining so much the days before we went. I might have ruined a pair of shoes,
but man did I enjoy watching them in the fields. 

We ended up with almost 10 pounds of fruit, so I decided to make some jam. I used my 
FreshTECH Automatic Jam & Jelly Maker again using the following recipe: http://www.freshpreserving.com/recipes/jam-maker-homemade-stawberry-jam. 


I think I added a bit too much fruit the first batch, so it is more like a syrup
than a jam but it is still yummy! I will take the time to 
measure much more carefully for the next batch I promise!

I am also currently in the middle of making some sweet pickles off a a recipe I 
found on Pinterest. So far everything looks normal, but I guess I'll see how they turned out later
this week. I'll post the recipe and pictures later this week with an update 
on how it went. 





No comments:

Post a Comment