Sunday, May 1, 2016

Our Story Begins

     My husband and I met in April of 2006. It was a love at first sight situation. Exactly one year later we were married.
     In keeping with the speed of everything, 2 months into our marriage we found out I was pregnant. My due date was Valentine's Day 2008. Unfortunately just as I was really getting used to the idea of being a mom, at just shy of 13 weeks (08-08-2007) I found out I'd miscarried. I hate that word, it seems so inept at describing what you go through. But how can you begin to find a word that gets to the heart of that loss. The loss of life, the loss of expectations, of everything you were planning for.
     Luckily the story gets better from there. On May 1st 2008, I found out I was pregnant again. We thought things were going wrong again. At my 12 week appointment the did an ultrasound and couldn't find anything. So I went to the hospital the next day and they did bloodwork and another ultrasound. I got a call a few hours later saying everything was great and the heartbeat was 171. Best phone call of my life! Fast forward to September when we find out we will be blessed with a boy. Fairly easy pregnancy actually. Labor was a different story though. I was induced at 41 weeks with no sign of dilation or being effaced. 48 hours of attempting a natural birth and I gave in. My son was born on 01-13-2009 at 9 lbs 1 oz and 21" long with a 16" head. He's still built like a linebacker.
     We decided to try to get pregnant again. Unfortunately it wasn't as easy as the first two. After a year and a half I still wasn't pregnant. I stopped trying and opted to seek weightloss surgery. Of course that couldn't possibly go smoothly. I went through a medically supervised diet and got approved for February 2012. Life had other plans though. After going under one of the drugs they gave me sent me into anaphylactic shock. After some allergy tests, we discovered the culprit was Anacef and Morphine. Luckily I was able to try again and got the Realize band in April 2012.
     Fast forward again to Thanksgiving of 2012 and I noticed things that made me think I might be pregnant again. I didn't think it was possible, but before I was even late I took a test and sure enough there was a faint second line. The things I'd been in denial about seeing my very first pregnancy made me so happy. Of course this pregnancy had bumps in the beginning too. I wasn't paying much attention to my cycle because I didn't think it mattered. I went in around what I thought was 6 weeks so they could get a date to go by. They didn't see what they were supposed to and I was forced to wait a week imagining the worst. Of course the next week my little peanut was there with a healthy heartbeat. I was very active with this pregnancy and in March I found out I was having another boy. This time I was a scheduled c-section which is much less stressful. He was born on 08-03-2013 at 7 lbs 12 oz, 20&1/4".
     I'm a stay at home mom, which I love. But it is also part of the reason I've started writing. I don't have a lot of exposure to the outside world and this is my chance to use the voice I was given. My youngest will be starting a preschool program in August at which point I will have 4 hours a day Monday to Thursday all to myself. I'm finally getting back to the gym. I'm also going to start a garden and raise chickens. I'm doing all my research, so I know what I'm getting myself into and anybody who wants to can come along for the ride.
     I'll probably talk a lot about my kiddos. My oldest is just the smartest and my youngest is really smart too. He will likely have a different set of challenges as he has been referred to be tested for Autism.
     I may talk a bit about my experience with essential oils as well, who knows!
     I know this was a long read and thank you to anybody who took the time to read it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment