Friday, March 2, 2018

Chickens are getting HUGE!

     This is Heihei. She is easily the biggest of all 8 of the chicks. She might think she's a woodpecker though 😉! All of them are for the most part super mild mannered and sweet. When I have to reach my hand in to the brooder they don't attack me. They'll probably have to leave the brooder soon though, they'll be 4 weeks old next week.
     It turns out one of the chicks will have white feathers so she is Camila. One of the other Easter eggers have feathers that are white, grey, and brown so she is Ibizy, short for Isabella. She also happens to be the smallest right now. I've come up with one of my extra names, Luna, just not sure for which chick yet.
     So far I've had a lot of fun with these chickies and they are doing well. I can't wait until it's warmer so they can get outside on the grass. Of course I have to build their coop and enclosure first, so I should probably do that soon!
     Because I ended up with 2 extra chicks I upgraded their coop. I'm saving the original for separating any chickens that could potentially get sick or if the weather is forecasted to be severe. They will be ok to be a little cramped for just a teeny bit. Better than anything else that could happen!
     Well I guess that's all for now! I'll be busy getting ready to move the chicks outside and gettinf some home repairs done here in the next little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment