Sunday, March 25, 2018

Trying to make a difference, however small...

     Back in December I made a commitment to reduce my waste as much as possible. I bought some recycling bins and I started buying my daily care products from Lush. I LOVE my shampoo bar, naked shower gel, and my face bar. The conditioner bar didn't do quite enough for my fine, thin, and damaged hair. I'm moving it to a shave bar and bought two new "traditional" conditioners to try.
     Recycling has been going well. We used to create (on average) a bag of trash a day. We now go 2-3 days before needing a new bag now. I take soda cans/tabs to my parents as our church recycles them and gives tabs to Ronald McDonald House. Their city does recycling pickup for free so we just throw the rest of ours in with theirs. Anything that doesn't go to a landfill is a win in my book.
     Chickens are getting big and I hope it is warm enough to have them outside in a couple of weeks. They really need the extra space, I just think it is still a bit too cold for them outside full time. 
     Between the trees, grasses, and crops we are planting there should be a lot for pollinators to have a grand old time with. I can't wait to have my own hive/s next year. The more food I can supply from my own back yard the better. 
     Well I guess that's all for now. Hopefully I'll have those plants in the ground and pictures taken soon so that I can post them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment