Friday, March 23, 2018

So many changes

     We bought our house almost 10 years ago. There was some work that needed done, but we put it off because it wasn't structural and we had other priorities. But now we are finally in a place where we can take care of it. We just had some of the work done this week and I love it. We are also using this same company, Remodeltech, to do our windows and deck. Those are the two other big projects we need done. Hopefully we can save up and do the windows this fall and the deck next summer.
     Once the windows and deck are done we are hoping to have the backyard terraced. Its rather hilly and makes mowing difficult. Tracing would alleviate that as well as give some flat area for a playset, and maybe a trampoline, for the kiddos. It would be great for them to have a place to play anytime the weather is nice.  
     In addition to the work house we also ordered some fruit and pecan trees as well as some ornamental grasses. Already have 3 of the trees and they are in the ground. As far as crops I ordered corn. Strawberries, polar berries, sunflowers, and grapes. Going to add that to the cucumbers, green beans, and soy beans from last year. Also may have a huckleberry bush and pickling cucumber plants headed my way as well. Between the chickens and all the trees and crops, I will hopefully be able to provide a lot of my food choices from my own backyard in a few years time. 
     Well I guess that's all for now! Once all of the trees and grasses are in, I'll post some more before and afters!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment